Adult day services
Adult day services are designed to help adults remain in their own homes for as long as possible. Participants socialize, enjoy peer support and receive health and social services in a stimulating and supportive environment that promotes physical and mental health. Adult day services provide respite services that enable primary caregivers to work or pursue other daytime activities. Many locations are conveniently located near assisted living and skilled nursing centers so if more care is needed, it will be available.
Goals of adult day services include:
- Delay placement in a care center by allowing each participant to remain active at home for as long as possible;
- Offer social stimulation, rehabilitation and support services;
- Monitor each participant’s health status;
- Provide access to healthcare and supportive services, including therapy services, as needed;
- Relieve those who serve as primary caregivers of young and old adults; and
- Provide a cost-effective alternative to full-time nursing home care.