Good Samaritan Society Archives mission statement
The mission of the Good Samaritan Society Archives is to identify, acquire and preserve archival materials that document the cultural history of The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society, and to make such materials available to the Society’s employees and the public online and physically through requests.
In carrying out this mission, the Good Samaritan Society Archives will endeavor to:
- Collect and preserve archival material relating to the cultural history of the Society
- Arrange and describe these materials according to archival principles, and make them accessible to employees and others
- Digitize collected materials to enable access online
- Provide adequate and appropriate conditions for the storage, protection and preservation of archival materials
- Provide regular reference service to those in need of assistance finding specific resources in our holdings