Administrator in training qualifications
Applicants must meet the following qualifications and coursework requirements to apply to the Society’s AIT program:
- A bachelor's degree/ Master’s degree from an accredited college or university. Preference given to Health Administration Degree with emphasis in Gerontology and National Association of Long-term Care Administrator Boards accredited programs.
- Experience working, volunteering and interning in a long-term care or skilled nursing facility environment.
- Strong desire to serve seniors within a Christian framework.
- Ability to and willingness to relocate to any of the Good Samaritan Society locations in 24 states.
- Active participation in a Christian church.
- Long-term care administrator practicum for college credit of approximately 1,000 hours (preferred for potential licensure in Minnesota) should be completed before or simultaneously with the Society’s Administrator In Training program.
- Coursework consisting of eight long-term care courses or related experience in long-term care in the following areas: