When you volunteer at Good Samaritan Society – Ambassador, you take a thoughtful role in people’s lives at a time when your efforts are most needed.
You give something that money cannot buy: your helping hands, friendship and personal interest. In return, you feel loved and receive the deep fulfillment that comes with bringing joy to others. And we believe you'll find that you are as blessed by residents' presence in your life as they are by yours.
Who can volunteer?
People of various backgrounds and ages are welcome. Individuals younger than 18 may volunteer with parental or guardian permission.
Volunteer opportunities are endless, and your talents, no matter what they might be, are always welcome.
You might like to volunteer in one of these ways:
- Meal service volunteer – take orders, serve meals and socialize with residents
- Play cards with residents (500, cribbage)
- Musicians/soloists needed for Sunday services at 10 a.m.
- Musicians/soloists needed for devotions Monday–Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Bring pets to visit with residents
- Visit one-on-one with residents
- Assist with chapel services Sundays at 10 a.m.
- Help with bingo on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m., Saturdays at 2 p.m. or Sundays at 2 p.m.
- Serve as assistant volunteer coordinator
- Help implement special events (brunches, BBQs, spaghetti dinner, Red Hats)
- Perform to entertain residents (sing, dance, etc.)
- Desk greeter (M-F 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Sat/Sun 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Provide clerical support (filing, data entry, etc.)
- Assist with lawn and garden maintenance
- Give manicures
- Shop for residents’ personal items
- Assist chaplain with resident spiritual needs
- Escort residents to/from restorative therapy on Thursdays or Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon
- Escort residents to/from appointments
- Assist staff with community outings (stores, restaurants, etc.)
- Assist staff with crafts