Post-acute rehabilitation services are for people of all ages who no longer need hospital care, but would benefit from additional therapy and care before returning home following injury, illness or surgery. Our Medicare-certified post-acute rehab programs feature therapy gyms and include physical, occupational and speech therapy.
Post-acute rehabilitation services
When you receive post-acute care here, you'll find 24-hour skilled nursing care, and you'll recover in a comfortable and supportive atmosphere as you work toward your goals.
And best of all, your rehab therapy team will tailor our services to your individual needs, helping you recover as quickly and safely as possible.
or schedule a tour
Call us at (386) 736-5800
The Therapy and Wellness Center at Good Samaritan Society – Florida Lutheran is Medicare-certified and Medicaid-approved. Specialty programs include:
- Dialysis monitoring
- Pain management
- Tracheostomy care
- Tube feeding
- Wound care/vac
Physical therapy can help patients return to normal activities through increased strength, balance and endurance.
- Balance training
- Pain management: ultrasound and E-stem, low-level laser, infrared, anodyne therapy
- Contracture management: orthotics/splinting
- Gait training
- Joint and soft-tissue mobilization
- Strength and endurance training
Our speech therapists specialize in the treatment of speech, language and cognition disorders.
- Verbal and written expression
- Inability to form words
- Swallowing difficulties
- Slurred speech
- Alternative communication systems
- Acquired communication deficits
Occupational therapy can help patients return to normal activities of daily living. Patients learn exercises to strengthen muscles and improve coordination.
- Activities of daily living: bathing, dressing, etc.
- Upper extremity, fine motor and therapeutic exercise programs
- Energy conservation
- Bathroom safety
- Home safety evaluation and management
- ADL apartment available for rehabilitative services
- Seating and positioning
- Hand therapy
Alternative therapies (Services offered for an additional fee)
- Massage therapy
- Personal trainer
- Decubitus ulcer/wound care
- Respiratory/cardiac therapy
- IV therapy
- Post-stroke therapy
- Aneurysm and neurological disorders