Affordable housing, also known as income-based housing, includes all types of communities where either some type of financial assistance is available or the rent is controlled for those who live there.
Ready to apply?
Some examples of affordable housing options include:
- HUD-subsidized communities
- Low-income housing tax credit communities
- Rural development communities
Income and age guidelines apply to each type of these affordable housing communities, which may vary by location and program.
To find out if you qualify and get a jump on finding a home, here are some tips:
- Don’t assume you don’t qualify. Affordable housing eligibility is based on income, not assets.
- Get in touch with communities through good-sam.com to find out if you are eligible.
- It’s never too early to start looking. Most affordable housing locations have a waiting list. Start checking things out now to see what is available in your area.
- Be flexible. If you are willing to relocate, your chances to get in sooner may increase.
- Once you have found a location that meets your needs, get on the waiting list. There are preliminary eligibility requirements so you'll want to call us for details.
Click the link below to hear why affordable housing is in short supply nationwide.
In these communities, we strive to provide safe, clean and affordable housing to those who qualify for programs specific to that location.
You’ll have a private apartment that is yours to furnish as you like, and access to community common areas for events and gatherings.
Many of our affordable housing options are part of a larger Good Samaritan Society campus, where additional care options and housing are available, if needed.
At Jerstad Manor Apartments, your apartment is your own home
We provide major appliances, carpeting and window coverings. You are free to furnish your new home with things that reflect your unique taste and lifestyle. Your home is private, offering you the opportunity to come and go as you please. Yet friends and neighbors are close at hand in our 24-unit complex, allowing you to enjoy as much companionship as you please.
Within our apartment community, residents plan outings and activities, making it easy to meet new friends. Bingo, music and potlucks are just a few of the opportunities available. Our community room is available for group gatherings and activities.
Have questions? We're happy to help you determine if you meet the requirements. Call (541) 412-1000.
- 24 maintenance-free apartments are each equipped with stove, refrigerator, carpet and blinds.
- 22 one-bedroom units (500 sq. ft.)
- 2 one-bedroom handicapped units (525 sq. ft.)
- Individually controlled heating
- Community room
- Exercise room
- Laundry facility
- Parking spaces available
- Secure door system
- Smoke-free community
- Conveniently located to shopping and churches