Little Samaritans Preschool is a creative and fun environment focused on teaching children the skills needed to prepare for formalized schooling.
Classes are held at Little Samaritans Preschool Monday through Friday from 8–11 a.m. during school months. Two classes are available:
The Tuesday/Thursday class is for students who may not have been to preschool in the past.
- Focus is given to learning cooperative play, sharing and taking turns.
- Goals include enhancing gross motor skills, social skills and beginning to use fine motor skills.
- Students learn colors, shapes and counting along with many other foundational skills.
The Monday/Wednesday/Friday class is for students who may be attending kindergarten the following year.
- More emphasis is placed on cognitive development including learning letters, numbers, and beginning writing skills.
- Attention continues to be placed on social development as well as fine and gross motor skills.