Affordable housing, also known as income-based housing, includes all types of communities where either some type of financial assistance is available or the rent is controlled for those who live there.
Budget-friendly senior apartments
Ready to apply?
Some examples of affordable housing options include:
- HUD-subsidized communities
- Low-income housing tax credit communities
- Rural development communities
Income and age guidelines apply to each type of these affordable housing communities, which may vary by location and program.
To find out if you qualify and get a jump on finding a home, here are some tips:
- Don’t assume you don’t qualify. Affordable housing eligibility is based on income, not assets.
- Get in touch with communities through good-sam.com to find out if you are eligible.
- It’s never too early to start looking. Most affordable housing locations have a waiting list. Start checking things out now to see what is available in your area.
- Be flexible. If you are willing to relocate, your chances to get in sooner may increase.
- Once you have found a location that meets your needs, get on the waiting list. There are preliminary eligibility requirements so you'll want to call us for details.
Click the link below to hear why affordable housing is in short supply nationwide.
In these communities, we strive to provide safe, clean and affordable housing to those who qualify for programs specific to that location.
You’ll have a private apartment that is yours to furnish as you like, and access to community common areas for events and gatherings.
Many of our affordable housing options are part of a larger Good Samaritan Society campus, where additional care options and housing are available, if needed.
Our community is located in Idaho’s capital city of Boise, just minutes away from the V.A. Hospital, St. Luke’s Medical Center and Boise State University. It is only a short distance to our public library, bowling alley, shopping center and bus line.
Beautifully landscaped grounds, newly remodeled apartments and great neighbors will welcome you home.
Finding an apartment where you can enjoy comfortable surroundings and the companionship of caring neighbors may only sound like a dream, but that dream can be a reality at Samaritan Village Apartments.
Each apartment is private, offering the opportunity to come and go as you please. But with friends and neighbors close by in our two 50-unit communities, you’ll also have the opportunity to enjoy as much companionship as you choose.
Residents are encouraged to plan activities and outings to develop new friendships. Two community rooms, a dining room and three reading / game areas are available for you to use to socialize with friends and family.
We have transportation available every other week for shopping trips and we provide major appliances and pay water, garbage and sewer.
Our service coordinator is available to assist you with services that you may want or need.
- 86 maintenance-free one-bedroom apartments
- 14 maintenance-free studio apartments
- Wheelchair-accessible apartments
- Pleasant surroundings in a quiet neighborhood
- Lawn care and snow removal
- Outside patio area
- Resident council
- Regularly scheduled entertainment and activities
- Daily devotions
- Group spaces for gathering
- New coin-operated laundry machines
- Full-time staff
- 24-hour assistance
- Secure entrances
- Newly remodeled living / dining room and kitchen, large bedroom and full, private bath
- Electric range and refrigerator
- Individually controlled heat/air
- Personal emergency response system
- New carpet and plank flooring
- Mini blinds
- Ample closet space
- Garden space
- Free Wi-Fi