Affordable housing, also known as income-based housing, includes all types of communities where either some type of financial assistance is available or the rent is controlled for those who live there.
Village Gardens apartments
Ready to apply?
Some examples of affordable housing options include:
- HUD-subsidized communities
- Low-income housing tax credit communities
- Rural development communities
Income and age guidelines apply to each type of these affordable housing communities, which may vary by location and program.
To find out if you qualify and get a jump on finding a home, here are some tips:
- Don’t assume you don’t qualify. Affordable housing eligibility is based on income, not assets.
- Get in touch with communities through good-sam.com to find out if you are eligible.
- It’s never too early to start looking. Most affordable housing locations have a waiting list. Start checking things out now to see what is available in your area.
- Be flexible. If you are willing to relocate, your chances to get in sooner may increase.
- Once you have found a location that meets your needs, get on the waiting list. There are preliminary eligibility requirements so you'll want to call us for details.
Click the link below to hear why affordable housing is in short supply nationwide.
In these communities, we strive to provide safe, clean and affordable housing to those who qualify for programs specific to that location.
You’ll have a private apartment that is yours to furnish as you like, and access to community common areas for events and gatherings.
Many of our affordable housing options are part of a larger Good Samaritan Society campus, where additional care options and housing are available, if needed.
At Hastings Village Gardens, each apartment home is private, offering the opportunity to come and go as you please. With friends and neighbors close by in our 40-unit neighborhood, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy as much companionship as you choose.
Hastings Village Gardens also features a small community room and natural gardens in a quiet neighborhood.
For more information about Hastings Village Gardens, or to learn more about whether you qualify for affordable housing, please call us at (402) 460-3239.
- 40 two-bedroom, maintenance-free apartments
- Paid common utilities, including trash, water and sewer (renter is responsible for electricity)
- Apartments include these Energy Star compliant appliances:
- Microwave/range hood
- Detached single car garage
- Lawn care and snow removal provided
- Sprinkler system for fire protection
- Secured access for added safety
- Outside patio area
- Regularly scheduled entertainment and activities
- Group spaces for gatherings
- Individually controlled heat/air