Affordable housing, also known as income-based housing, includes all types of communities where either some type of financial assistance is available or the rent is controlled for those who live there.
Affordable housing at Wheat Ridge Heights
Ready to apply?
Some examples of affordable housing options include:
- HUD-subsidized communities
- Low-income housing tax credit communities
- Rural development communities
Income and age guidelines apply to each type of these affordable housing communities, which may vary by location and program.
To find out if you qualify and get a jump on finding a home, here are some tips:
- Don’t assume you don’t qualify. Affordable housing eligibility is based on income, not assets.
- Get in touch with communities through good-sam.com to find out if you are eligible.
- It’s never too early to start looking. Most affordable housing locations have a waiting list. Start checking things out now to see what is available in your area.
- Be flexible. If you are willing to relocate, your chances to get in sooner may increase.
- Once you have found a location that meets your needs, get on the waiting list. There are preliminary eligibility requirements so you'll want to call us for details.
Click the link below to hear why affordable housing is in short supply nationwide.
In these communities, we strive to provide safe, clean and affordable housing to those who qualify for programs specific to that location.
You’ll have a private apartment that is yours to furnish as you like, and access to community common areas for events and gatherings.
Many of our affordable housing options are part of a larger Good Samaritan Society campus, where additional care options and housing are available, if needed.
We encourage you to begin the application process early so your name is on our waiting list as soon as possible.
Wheat Ridge Heights offers income-subsidized apartment living with the companionship of caring neighbors and staff in a relaxed, homelike environment. Designed to accommodate seniors (62+), Wheat Ridge Heights has much to offer.
Residents can enjoy private apartments, furnished with their own belongings. Friends and neighbors are close at hand in our smoke-free, 20-unit complex. Pets are welcome. Pre-application forms and additional information about this equal housing opportunity may be obtained by contacting our housing manager at the (620) 221-3655.
- 20 one-bedroom, maintenance-free apartments
- Lawn care and snow removal
- Secured access for added safety
- Rent at 30 percent of your gross adjusted income, if you qualify under HUD program guidelines
- Pleasant surroundings in a quiet neighborhood
- Outside patio area
- Use of common area for private parties
- Scheduled activities such as weekly Bible study, programs, games and crafts
- Resident council
- Coin-operated laundry available
- Wheelchair-accessible apartments available
- Beautiful community room
- Library with community computer
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pet friendly
- All units are in one building and on one level
- Large living room, full kitchen, bedroom, bath and storage space
- Furnished kitchen appliances (electric range and refrigerator)
- Carpet and vinyl floor coverings
- Mini blinds
- Emergency alert system
- Paid utilities, including heat, air conditioning, water and electricity (monthly fees do not include telephone or cable television)
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Automatic smoke alarm/sprinkler system