Affordable housing, also known as income-based housing, includes all types of communities where either some type of financial assistance is available or the rent is controlled for those who live there.
Affordable housing at Wildflower Terrace
Ready to apply?
Some examples of affordable housing options include:
- HUD-subsidized communities
- Low-income housing tax credit communities
- Rural development communities
Income and age guidelines apply to each type of these affordable housing communities, which may vary by location and program.
To find out if you qualify and get a jump on finding a home, here are some tips:
- Don’t assume you don’t qualify. Affordable housing eligibility is based on income, not assets.
- Get in touch with communities through good-sam.com to find out if you are eligible.
- It’s never too early to start looking. Most affordable housing locations have a waiting list. Start checking things out now to see what is available in your area.
- Be flexible. If you are willing to relocate, your chances to get in sooner may increase.
- Once you have found a location that meets your needs, get on the waiting list. There are preliminary eligibility requirements so you'll want to call us for details.
Click the link below to hear why affordable housing is in short supply nationwide.
In these communities, we strive to provide safe, clean and affordable housing to those who qualify for programs specific to that location.
You’ll have a private apartment that is yours to furnish as you like, and access to community common areas for events and gatherings.
Many of our affordable housing options are part of a larger Good Samaritan Society campus, where additional care options and housing are available, if needed.
Home isn’t just a place. It’s a feeling of belonging, of friendship and being part of a community.
At Wildflower Terrace, it’s easy to feel part of a community.
Residents are encouraged to plan activities and outings. The feeling begins when you enter the great room with its comfortable furniture. The living room is a great place to meet and greet or watch programs on the large-screen television.
The community room is available for socializing with family and friends. Enjoy coffee and cookies with your new friends or family or sit outdoors on the patio watching the sunset. Contemplate, read or put together jigsaw puzzles in the library.
Wildflower Terrace’s housing manager is available to answer questions and assist you in your application process.
We look forward to welcoming you as part of our warm and friendly community.
Wildflower Terrace includes:
- 24 one-bedroom, maintenance-free apartments, including two handicap-accessible units
- Pleasant landscaped surroundings in a quiet neighborhood close to medical services and public library
- No steps; all units are ground level
- Community room
- Coin-operated laundry
- Ample parking
- Rent at 30 percent of your gross adjusted income, if you qualify under HUD program guidelines
- Regularly scheduled entertainment and activities
- Scheduled transportation options
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pet friendly
- Living/dining room, galley-style kitchen, bedroom, full bath
- Furnished kitchen appliances
- Carpet and vinyl floor coverings
- Emergency alert system
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Paid utilities, including heat, air conditioning, trash removal, water and electricity (monthly fee does not include telephone or cable television)
- Wiring for telephone jacks and cable TV hookup (monthly fee not included)
- Automatic smoke detector/sprinkler system
Located in northwest Nebraska, Alliance is a welcoming community with an active Arts Council, a hospital and a rich history.
We're just miles from Oregon Trail landmarks and other Northern Plains points of interest.
Box Butte County is full of wildlife with many hunting and fishing opportunities.