Build your career
- Are you looking for a career in senior care or long-term care?
- Are you unable to grow professionally in your current senior care job?
- Are you a new nursing graduate?
- Are you looking for certified nursing assistant training?
This five-week course is provided and conducted by local colleges, schools and Good Samaritan Society instructors. The course is designed to prepare individuals for certification to be a nursing assistant in the state of Minnesota.
Local Good Samaritan Society instructors can help you learn more about costs, course requirements and reimbursement policies. They can also provide information about beginning the course at the appropriate school or technical college.
The following locations provide on-site courses or have courses available nearby:
Albert Lea • Arlington • Austin • Battle Lake • Blackduck • Brainerd • Edgerton • Howard Lake • Inver Grove • International Falls • Jackson • Luverne • Mountain Lake • Pine River • Pipestone • Redwood Falls • St. James • St. Paul • Stillwater • Waconia • Westbrook • Windom
Complete the form below to learn more about courses near you.
Albert Lea on-site classes • Riverland Community College
Austin • Riverland Community College
Battle Lake • Minnesota State Community & Technical College – Fergus Falls
Blackduck on-site classes coming soon • Northwest Technical College – Bemidji
Brainerd • Central Lakes College
Edgerton on-site classes • Minnesota West Technical College – Marshall
Howard Lake • Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted High School
Inver Grove • Inver Hills Community College or Century College
International Falls on-site classes
Jackson • Hi-Step Health Science Academy
Luverne • Minnesota West Technical College – Marshall
Mountain Lake • Hi-Step Health Science Academy
Pine River • Central Lakes College
Pipestone • Minnesota West Technical College – Marshall
Redwood Falls • Minnesota West Technical College – Granite Falls
St. James • Hi-Step Health Science Academy
St. Paul • Century College, Saint Paul College, International Institute
Stillwater on-site classes coming soon • Century College
Waconia on-site classes coming soon • Waconia High School
Westbrook • Hi-Step Health Science Academy
Windom • Hi-Step Health Science Academy
We believe that scholarships are investments in our employees.
What are the requirements?
- Must work 10 hours per week, 20 hours per bi-weekly period or 130 hours per calendar quarter in a long-term care setting (rehabilitation/skilled care). Many positions offer flexible schedules tailored around your busy life.
Who is eligible?
- All Good Samaritan Society employees in Minnesota working in one of our care centers are eligible.
Qualified Good Samaritan Society employees receive:
- Tuition, books, fees, supplies, equipment reimbursed. (No tax implications for scholarships up to $5,250)
- Transportation costs (taxable reimbursement to employee)
- Child care expenses (taxable reimbursement to employee)
- Reimbursement of student loans for recently graduated students in an RN or LPN program
- Reimbursement of CNA training course and materials. (Some locations will hire you prior to course completion.)
- Dollars for Scholars! We will set aside $1 for every hour you work as a high school student. Upon graduation, you will be awarded those dollars in a scholarship.
*Additional scholarships may be available from your local Good Samaritan Society location. Contact us to learn more.
Click the buttons below to learn about our employee benefits.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Pre-tax flexible savings accounts to pay for health and dependent care expenses
- Health savings account
- Voluntary benefits such as critical illness insurance, universal life insurance, hospital indemnity, short-term disability insurance and accident insurance (full- or part-time employees who work 40 hours per pay period)
The Good Samaritan Society offers a full range of work-life balance benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Profile by Sanford (weight loss program)
- Verizon and AT&T discounts
- Hotel discounts
- Perks at Work
Sign language interpreters, readers and other accommodations are available if you need help with the online job search, completing a job application, or during the interview process. Please make direct contact with the location listed on the individual job posting, or call us at (833) GSS-JOBS [477-5627].
Representatives are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday. If you're calling after hours, please leave a message and your call will be returned the following business day.