When the time comes for your parent or a relative to move into a nursing home, they will need few belongings.
Here are six items they should bring to remind them they are loved and deserve to feel comfortable in their new home:
1. A favorite quilt or blanket helps warm the body and soul
2. A favorite chair adds to your loved one's comfort
3. An item of spiritual significance to share faith and values with others
4. Photos to keep loved ones and memories close
5. Reminders of personal achievement to keep spirits up
6. A small radio or an iPod loaded with favorite songs wards off loneliness