What is Rehabilitation Therapy?
Become stronger with help from inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation therapy. This service is an essential part of your recovery from an accident, illness or hospitalization. The three most common types of therapy are physical, occupational and speech therapy. People of all ages can benefit from rehabilitation therapy.
Choose the Good Samaritan Society to receive expert, compassionate support during your recovery. We’re right by your side every step of the way.
Rehabilitation therapy is vital to your recovery
Rehabilitation therapy helps you recover after an accident, illness or hospitalization. You may need one or more types of rehabilitation therapy depending on your goals and the level of your physical limitations. You’ll work with your physician to determine which treatment is right for you. Learn more about the three types of rehabilitation therapy below.
- Decreases pain, swelling, and inflammation
- Improves range of motion, coordination, and balance
- Increases strength and endurance
- Prevents disability
- Teaches skills for fall prevention and safety
- Restores abilities or teaches alternative methods for providing self-care for activities such as bathing, dressing, eating, and meal preparation
- Prevents further deterioration
- Provides skills for stress management and coping with the physical and emotional effects of disability.
Find a Good Samaritan Society location
Find a location:
Connect with us
Sign up for our newsletter
Contact Good Samaritan Society
Have a question or comment? Connect with us today.