This year might still look a little different, but it’s important to take time to celebrate the women who make your life better. Here are some ideas for ways to spread joy this Mother’s Day.
- Snail mail – Who doesn’t love getting a heartfelt card in the mail? Bring a smile to someone’s face with a message they can read again and again.
- A phone call – There’s nothing mom and grandma love more than to hear your voice. Put aside time for a long chat on Mother’s Day.
- Send a Note – Residents of the Good Samaritan Society can receive a note and a photo using our online messaging service. Learn more about our Send a Note service.
- FaceTime – Each Good Samaritan Society community has an iPad. Call ahead and set up an appointment for a Mother’s Day video call.
- Window visit – If your loved one is still social distancing, stop by their window to say hello. Make it special by creating signs that express your love and gratitude.
- Have a parade – If you and your siblings or friends live nearby, get everyone to decorate their cars and schedule a time to drive by your loved one’s home. Make sure to honk and wave!
- Homemade gifts – This is your chance to get creative and share your talents. It’s also a great opportunity to feature your kids’ artwork.
- Personal puzzle – Create a personalized puzzle through an online photo source and help your mom or grandma start putting it together on Mother’s Day.
If you’re sending a gift to a Good Samaritan Society location, be sure to plan ahead and check on any guidelines for deliveries.