Here are our top suggestions for gift ideas.
Gift ideas for seniors
Say thanks to Mom or Dad with a thoughtful gift.
If you shop at AmazonSmile, a portion of your purchase will benefit the Good Samaritan Society. It's like getting two gifts for Mom and Dad!
- Cologne or perfume
- A new outfit or jacket
- Gloves and hats
- Reading glasses or magnifying glass
- Tablet or iPad
- Fitness tracker, such as Fitbit or Jawbone
- Digital camera
- Digital photo frame
- MP3 player
Handmade and personalized:
- Photo book or memory album
- Framed family photo
- Brag book or personalized photo calendar
- Birdhouse or bird feeder
- Knitted scarf, hat or mittens
- Painted or sculpted pottery or garden stepping stones
- Wall hangings, ornaments, magnets or window suncatchers
- Communication basket, filled with stationery, cards, pens and stamps
- A houseplant or potted flowers
- Bath towels
- Blankets or throw pillows
- Card games, puzzles or board games
- Materials for a favorite hobby like knitting, reading, music or gardening
- One-cup coffee maker
Subscriptions and services:
- Netflix or Amazon Prime subscription
- Magazine or newspaper subscription
- Monthly flower delivery subscription
- Meal delivery service
- Cleaning service
- Snow and lawn care service
- In-home healthcare or companion service
- Senior fitness class or gym membership
Splurges and experiential gifts:
- Massage gift certificate
- Movie gift certificate
- Salon or spa gift certificate
- Tickets to a play, concert or sporting event
- Restaurant gift cards
- Classes to learn something new
- Once-a-month lunch dates with you
For nursing home residents:
- Sudoku, crossword or word search books
- Large-print books, audiobooks or CDs
- Digital photo frame or personalized calendar
- Phone cards
- A lap blanket
- Warm slipper socks
- Tennis shoes
- Clothing, such as sweaters, sweatshirts, sweatpants and T-shirts
- Lotion, makeup or nail polish
- Gift cards to the on-site beauty shop or general store
Bonus gift idea:
In addition to giving a present as a token of your love, consider also making a donation to an organization whose cause is important to you and your family.
Ask your parents for a list of favorite charities, or research some nonprofit groups you could support in your community.
The Good Samaritan Society is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that relies on the generosity of donors to further our mission and ministry. Click here to make a donation.
Have a gift suggestion to add?
Share your idea in the comments below.