Bringing home health care to you
Home health from the Good Samaritan Society can deliver a wide range of medical services to you, so you don’t have to extend your hospital stay or move to a rehab center. We’re here to help you recover faster and reach your goals in your own home.
With us, it starts with a conversation. We listen. We answer questions. And we work with you to determine the best options for you or a loved one.Contact us to learn more
How we can help
Home health offers specialized services such as:
- Postsurgical rehabilitation and evaluation
- Physical, speech and occupational therapies
- Medication management
- Disease or symptom management
- Wound care
- Catheter education and care
- IV therapy
Our licensed caregivers are devoted to getting you back to the lifestyle you led before your medical setback. Read more about our services
As your partner in healing and well-being, we provide individualized therapies and treatments seven days a week.
With quality of care as our highest priority, home health services from the Good Samaritan Society can be part of a successful, speedy recovery.Find a home health provider near you
How do I know if I need home health?
If you’ve experienced one or more of the scenarios below, home health could benefit you:
- Trouble leaving your house or the inability to leave AND you have a new medical diagnosis, such as congestive heart failure or diabetes
- A change in your condition or worsening of symptoms
- A new medication that you are unfamiliar with and need help managing
- Recent hospitalization or discharge from a skilled nursing center
How do I pay for home health?
Medicare covers home health at 100% when certain conditions are met. Read more: www.medicare.gov/coverage/home-health-services
- Medicare Advantage programs and most private insurance covers home health, but may require a copay
- VA benefits that cover home health
- Self-pay if you don’t have insurance coverage or for private duty home care services
Who will come to my home?
An interdisciplinary team based on your needs
- Nursing staff (RN, LPN)
- Nurse aide
- Therapist (Physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy)
- Medical social worker
Do I need a referral?
Yes, but we can help! Ask your medical provider for a referral or contact us and we can call on your behalf.
The Good Samaritan Society offers a variety of home-based services, so you or a loved one can get the level of care you need. Our services vary by location but may include:
Home care covers non-medical services. Our caregivers meet you in your home and assist with daily activities, including light housekeeping, meal preparation, companionship and more.
Hospice care provides relief and peace to those with a life-limiting illness. Our team focuses on enhancing the quality of life of the people we serve and their families. We’re committed to helping people live as fully and comfortably as possible.
Telehealth refers to in-home medical technology. This technology allows our caregivers to communicate with and assist you remotely. Telehealth devices include blood pressure monitors, pulse oximeters, medication management systems and video calls with a care provider.
Find a Good Samaritan Society location
Find a location:
Connect with us
Sign up for our newsletter
Contact Good Samaritan Society
Have a question or comment? Connect with us today.