Post-acute rehabilitation services are for people of all ages who no longer need hospital care, but would benefit from additional therapy and care before returning home following injury, illness or surgery. Our Medicare-certified post-acute rehab programs feature therapy gyms and include physical, occupational and speech therapy.
Post-acute rehabilitation services
When you receive post-acute care here, you'll find 24-hour skilled nursing care, and you'll recover in a comfortable and supportive atmosphere as you work toward your goals.
And best of all, your rehab therapy team will tailor our services to your individual needs, helping you recover as quickly and safely as possible.
Private rooms and so much more
or schedule a visit
Call us at (812) 482-1722
At Northwood Retirement Community, we make your recovery experience as home-like as possible. Wi-Fi and cable TV are included in your room rate.
You can choose private in-room dining, or join others in our restaurant-style dining room. Invite your family and friends to visit and spend time in one of our large gathering areas. Other services include:
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Stroke recovery
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Post-cardiac recovery
- General physical strengthening
- Pulmonary care
- Falls and balance
- Nutrition counseling from a registered dietitian
- Certified wound care specialists
- Certified resident assessment coordinators
- Transitional care with licensed social workers
- Care planning
- Clinical outcome results
- Continuum of care to meet additional care needs
- Medical director to review progress once a week
- Visiting chaplain
- Non-denominational devotions
- Guest suites
- Mailing services